- The logo must be reproduced from high-resolution digital artwork.
- As the primary graphic identity for the institution, the formal logo must appear on all communications, including brochures, stationery, business cards and websites.
- The logo may not be reconstructed or altered in any way. This rule includes but is not restricted to type, the ruled line, outlines or embellishments. Do not create secondary logos, as this is confusing to audiences and dilutes our goal of creating a common, mutually reinforcing image.
Clear Space Requirements
To ensure the integrity and visual impact of the logo, the appropriate “clear space” must be maintained on all sides. There should always be 1/2 the distance “x” between any part of the logo and any other page element or the edge of the page, where “x” is equal to the height of the well.
The logo must be resized proportionally and as a group (logomark, divider rule and logotype); therefore, measurements for all elements in the logo are relative to each other.
When PMS® 542 or black is used in printing of the logo, the minimum size for the logo is 1.875 inches wide. When the logo appears as a white knockout on a color, the minimum size is 2 inches wide. If a publication is using a 4 process color build in the printing of the logo, the minimum size is 2 inches wide.
Unacceptable Logo Treatment
- Do not configure the elements into a different logo.
- Do not crop or remove any part of the logo.
- Do not distort the logo.
- Do not tilt the logo in any direction.
- Do not add any shadows, effects or other elements to the logo.
- Do not alter the proportions of the logo typography.
- Do not attempt to typeset the logotype.
- Do not attach a program-level identification to the logo or attempt to create your own unit logo.
- Do not duplicate any part of the logo to create a pattern.
- Do not recreate the type or substitute another typeface.
- Do not surround logo with other competing shapes.
The Logo Mark
This is the only acceptable logo mark. It may not be reconstructed or altered in any way. This logo mark may be used as a design element separate from the formal logo only if the formal logo appears elsewhere on the printed piece. See examples for clarification.
The Centered Logo
Television, video and podium sign use only
This version of the logo has been developed for television, video and podium use only. It must be reproduced from high-resolution digital files. If you have any questions about when to use the centered logo, please contact UNC Creative at 919.962.7123.